ESI provides catchment management services as part of a portfolio of environmental services to the water industry, government and third sector organisations. Through the approach of developing strategic partnerships with specialist consultants ESI is able to deliver robust and practical advice on all aspects of catchment management. Leading guidance is provided on the mitigation of rural and urban diffuse pollution impacts, water resource planning and flood mitigation.
The key features of ESI’s catchment management services
- The largest multi-disciplinary team dealing with catchment management in the UK
- Careful consideration of all environmental uncertainties by relevant specialists
- Agricultural advice focussed around an in-depth understanding of on-farm economics
- Clear advice on feasibility, timescales and effectiveness of mitigation measures
- A wide range of simple to sophisticated, but effective, modelling approaches
- Considerable experience of hydrogeology and groundwater management in all UK aquifers
ESI’s catchment management advice strategy is focussed around the early provision of a feasibility assessment prior to launching into detailed analysis, mitigation design and cost benefit analysis. Readily available national datasets are combined with an in-depth knowledge of the local environmental and agricultural systems, to advise on feasibility of the most likely measures.
To complete effective in-depth analysis of catchment-based risk mitigation the approach taken by ESI includes groundwater and surface water modelling, contaminant transport modelling, assessment of economic and agricultural impacts at the farm scale and assessment of the impacts on aquatic ecology.
ESI’s recognition that every catchment is totally unique is a key factor in the approach and selection of the assessments and solutions implemented.