Under the Environmental Permitting (EP) Regulations (2010), the development of a conceptual model and the preparation of environmental risk assessments are required for all sites prior to a permit being issued. The following risk assessments must be included in an application for an Environmental Permit.
- Hydrogeological risk assessment
- Landfill gas risk assessment
- Stability risk assessment
- Nuisance and health risk assessment (including an assessment of particulate matter, noise, dust, odour and vermin)
- Ecological assessment (if the site is close to a European Habitats site)
ESI provides support in preparing applications, reviewing permit conditions, evaluating the success of sites in achieving compliance criteria and negotiating permit issues with regulatory authorities. With extensive experience across all types of waste disposal sites, including hazardous, non-hazardous and inert landfills, ESI is a natural choice to coordinate the preparation of applications including the environmental permit for a landfill.
Engineering and operating requirements can be developed using risk assessments to achieve the highest cost-effectiveness, avoiding unnecessary complications while ensuring environmental protection.
ESI provides the following services to support environmental permits for waste management sites
- Collection and analysis of data to inform environmental assessments and planning documents
- Preparation of environmental permit applications
- Review and negotiation of permit conditions, based on site characteristics and monitoring data
- Environmental permit appeals, including expert witness services
- Expert advice and guidance on current regulations and legal requirements
Please contact ESI by calling +44 (0) 1743 276100 or by email on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how our landfill permitting services can support you.