ESI, in conjunction with DHI-WASY, is pleased to provide this three-day, hands-on training course as an introduction to groundwater modelling using FEFLOW.
This course gives an introduction to groundwater modelling using the simulation system FEFLOW. On the basis of an example, delegates build up a three-dimensional flow and transport model applying the most important program functions including preprocessing, simulation and result evaluation.
FEFLOW is a finite element software package for modelling fluid flow and transport of dissolved constituents and/or heat transport processes in the ground. The finite element discretisation enables the user to build complex unstructured meshes that closely match natural structures while obeying the requirements such as element size, element angles, etc.
FEFLOW applications include:
- Groundwater protection zones
- Salt water intrusion
- Groundwater remediation
- Groundwater-surface water interaction
- Geothermal energy production
- Mine dewatering
- Dam seepage
- Fracture and fissure flow and transport
The main topics covered in the course are:
- FEFLOW and its graphical user interface
- Creating 2D and 3D mesh geometries
- Setting up flow models with confined and unconfined aquifers
- Setting up transport models
- Steady-state and transient models
- Usage of GIS/CAD data interfaces
Who should attend the Introduction to groundwater modelling with FEFLOW training course?
While prior FEFLOW experience is not required, it would be beneficial to have some familiarity with hydrogeological modelling.
To book a place on the Introduction to groundwater modelling with FEFLOW course, please contact the Courses Administrator at New Zealand House, 160 Abbey Foregate, Shrewsbury. SY2 6FD. Tel: +44 (0) 1743 276100, Fax: +44 (0) 1743 248600, Email: email@example.com.
- DATE: Please contact ESI for next available dates
- COST: £815 + VAT.
We can accept payment by credit card over the phone from most major credit and debit cards including MasterCard, Visa, Maestro, JCB, Visa Electron and Solo (we do not accept American Express or Diners ClubCard).