3D Conceptual Geological and Hydrogeological Modelling Software
The Leapfrog suite of products enable geologists to generate geological models in a real 3D environment dramatically faster than traditional modelling methods through the use of implicit modelling. Leapfrog Hydro is a powerful 3D geological modelling tool that can be used in many stages of hydrogeological projects from water resource evaluation to modelling for contaminated site investigations, risk assessment or environment restoration through to carbon sequestration andresource extraction.
Use Leapfrog Hydro for:
- Modelling for contaminated site investigations & assessment
- Water resource evaluation
- Modelling for ongoing review & maintenance
- Resource extraction
- Carbon sequestration
- Presentation & Communication
Using implicit modelling allows Leapfrog Hydro to construct conceptual models directly from your data within hours as opposed to spending days manually digitizing, streamlining your work processes. It also has a seamless integration with MODFLOW:
- MODFLOW grids (exported as native MODFLOW files) can be developed from a combination of GIS data, and the geological model. Parameter zones are assigned based on the lithologies in the geological model, improving the speed, ease and consistency of developing MODFLOW grids.
- Water tables for different layers can be calculated within Leapfrog Hydro in order to further understanding of the hydrogeological conditions.
- MODFLOW and MT3D results can be imported and visualized in 3D on the numerical grid and compared to field observations.
- Simulation and model calibration results can be compared in 3D. You can also compare hydrogeologic parameter fields to the geologic model to guide revisions of both the geological and groundwater models.
In Leapfrog Hydro you can import your FEFLOW grids with the touch of a button.
- Creating 3D meshes from 2D FEFLOW supermesh files was previously a tedious manual job. In Leapfrog Hydro FEFLOW 2D supermesh files can now be quickly and easily extruded to 3D finite mesh systems using geological layers as guides.
- The hydrogeological properties of grid cells within your FEFLOW model can be set based upon the lithologies in your geological model. This is a faster and easier way to parameterize cell properties and enhances model visualization.
- The grid free description of geology within Leapfrog Hydro allows MODFLOW and FEFLOW models to be created easily from the same geological model.
Leapfrog Hydro Benefits:
Fast: The advanced implicit modelling approach accelerates processing, viewing and interpretation of borehole data. We call it 10 to 100 times faster than anything else, 10 times faster than competing products and 100 times faster than traditional manual digitisation. Models that can take weeks and months to develop manually can be ready in days or hours.
Dynamic: With Leapfrog you can build, maintain and compare dynamic 3D models. You can easily develop multiple models in parallel and test alternative hydrogeological interpretations for improved decision making. Models are automatically updated when new data is added and are in step with the project as it moves forward. Leapfrog allows for fast regridding. Models are built by a process of refinement as modified data and user interpretations are all incorporated. Yet measured data, interpretations and the model are clearly separated to give you confidence in your results and facilitate quality assurance.
User-friendly: Leapfrog’s clean interface and purpose built work space allows you to concentrate on producing results. The logical tree structure and intuitive design make it easy to use. Quality assurance is streamlined and simplified. You can review decision-making and thought processes as they are all easily documented in the flow.
Flexible: Meshes and block models can be produced at several resolutions. Compare numeric and geological models. Import and export a wide variety of data formats. Easily spot and fix data errors including old and inconsistent data. Use your models as sophisticated presentation tools.
Get the Leapfrog Viewer
Share your models with geologists and non-geologists alike. Leapfrog naturally excels as a compelling presentation and communication tool. The 3D graphics enable presentation of results in a powerful way.
This impressive visualisation bridges the gap between geologist and non-geologist; providing an impressive showcase for stakeholders.
Please contact ESI’s support manager for more information / demonstration of Leapfrog HYDRO (01743 276100 /email).
ARANZ Geo is the power behind Leapfrog 3D geological modelling software.